Friday, November 2, 2012

traveling the U.S. (with medical records along)

Life has been crazy busy for us lately - so much to blog about!! If only the internet would let me... I'm sitting here at Starbucks because I thought I would have a better chance of getting pictures uploaded here with a good internet connection. Turns out it's not much better here than at home.

As the blog post title states, we have been traveling the U.S. Well ok, not the whole country.. it just feels like it. We made a trip to Tennessee and then one to Oklahoma.

At the end of September, we made the 12+ hour road trip to TN for Knoxville convention. It was so nice to get the meetings, see the grounds again (this time during convention), spend time with lots of family, and meet new people. It was also very encouraging to see my parents settled and happy in their new location, even if that means being in a camper for the next few months.

Two weekends after that, we traveled to my brother and sister-in-law's house in OK for Ryker's 5th birthday celebration. They've lived down there for over a year & a half so it was great to finally be able to see their place! We spent Saturday morning with all the animals at the Tulsa zoo and later that evening, Ryker shared his monster cake with eyeballs with all of us.

~ Knoxville pics ~


the 4 cheeses



5 kids looking at an ant hill



the Spencer bunch at Knoxville, TN conv



Grandpa Spencer with ...
2 of his 3 children
5 of his 7 grandchildren
and all 8 (10 if you include the unborn) of his great-grandchildren



only 29 weeks here ... keep them in as long as possible!
____________________________


~ Ryker's 5th birthday pics ~


Eric, Jen and ..... uh-oh, looks like 2 zoo animals got out!



Nate bravely going face to face with a ferocious mama cat



looks like Alivia outweighs her daddy!!



Dad making friends with a turtle



Ryker opening his birthday presents
... and Alivia helping him :)



haha LOVE this face :D



playing with an animal matching game



"monster cake with eyeballs"



I must say, eyeballs that taste like cake are pretty good!!



Since it wasn't too far out of our way on the road trip back home, Nate & I decided to stop near Claremore and sneak a peek at the house my family lived in way back in the day! I remember learning to ride a bike in that front yard when I was about 4 years old! It was fun to see the house again :)

3 comments:

  1. So fun to see your pictures and read about your adventures! Can't wait to see more pictures of life and your growing belly. :) Miss you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your newest post! Was wonderful to be with you in both TN & OK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nate and Stacy, I'm keeping up with this blog and thanks for adding to it now so I can see how things are going and growing! Wish I could be on hand to help out a little with these two bundles but I'm glad for those who are near by.
    Love, Aunt Ronda

    ReplyDelete