Wednesday, August 8, 2012

2012 so far ...

Goodness. What a year this has already been!

This morning, I was thinking back to the beginning of this year and all that has happened between then and now. So far, 2012 has brought many drastic changes! If someone had told me on January 1st of all the things to expect this year, I probably would have went into hibernation.

By breaking down the last 7 months, here are just a few of the biggest things ... some changes, some accomplishments (not necessarily in order):

Nate quit his job at FedEx and started working with his dad in construction

I quit my job

We bought a house

We moved out of state

We got a great dane

We found out we're expecting ... twins

I trained for and ran in a 10k race ... while pregnant with twins

My parents sold their house and moved to TN

It's no wonder I find more gray hairs every time I look in the mirror. Even though I see these all as good things now, each one was a stressor at the time. I was able to give my input for many of these changes but not all of them were of my choosing. However, I understand that what I may want is not always best and I see many of these now as blessings in disguise. It's so hard to see the future and it's impossible to know how it will all pan out. I find it easy to get ahead of myself at times but am thankful for the reminder that it's a day at a time and I can't control every outcome.

What I do know is that I am happy today. It's not easy being so far away from all of my family and knowing that I won't get to see them as often as I'd like, and it wasn't easy to leave familiar places behind and be separated from friends that I really miss. But I choose to see what I have at the present time and look forward to some awesome things in the near future!

I feel like enough has already happened this year that we could just go ahead and wrap it up a few months early!! But I suppose I would miss out on conventions, Thanksgiving, and the birth of our twins, so I better hang in there.


Highlights of 2012 Photo Gallery


Mom & I made this cake for Nate in celebration of him switching jobs
In case it's too small to read, it says:
"FedUp
Shipping Out
N8 Stidolph
4 The Future
Moving On, IA 4-27-12"


Amanda, Leann, and me before the 10k race April 28


Moving day June 15 - leaving Baytowne


Kenna, Kalee, and me at Kenna's baby shower


baking a blackberry cobbler with Amy, Lara, & Calliegh


Kenna and me at mom & dad's house a few weeks before they moved


My contribution to the moving sale at mom & dad's ... my pig collection! Believe it or not, someone actually bought the slippers.


The fam at Seaworld in Orlando, FL


Orlando, FL - after Sun lunch at outback steakhouse


finally, a normal pic of the kids :)


Kayman loves his new doghouse (big enough to fit a growing great dane)


Fancy is enjoying being the only remaining occupant in the fish tank/hamster cage that once housed 3.


his ...


... hers


19 weeks bump


us at Darin & Kyla Goza's wedding (21 weeks)


5 comments:

  1. Stacy I LOVE your blog. Here are some thoughts.
    1. That cake you made for Nate is impressively creative.
    2. I cannot believe how giant that doghouse is.
    3. You look awesome!! Guuurl pregnancy looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been quite a year so far for all of us. But thankful that when things occur to change "our" plans, we can trust the One who holds our days. Love the "his/hers" pictures! (And the baby bump pix, too, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All changes--even good ones are stressful! I appreciate your positive outlook! Enjoyed all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's crazy to think about all the changes that have happened so far this year and I'm excited for the 2 more on the way! ;) You will love being a mommy.. it really is the greatest! Miss you and can't wait to see you in a week and a half!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2012 has been a lot less stressful for me than 2011. If I had known everything that was to take place last year I suppose I would have thought I wouldn't be here today. So glad that the stressers usually only come one at a time and we learn to adjust. Hang in there the best is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete