Thursday, January 3, 2013

1 month old!

Happy one month birthday to Brayden & Cooper today!!

Everyone's reaction to them being one month?
"They're one month already?!? That went by so fast!!!"

My reaction to them being one month?
"Has it really only been one month?? I feel like I haven't slept in years!!"

When I hear about other peoples' babies reaching those month milestones, I always include myself in the popular opinion of "wow that flew by!" ... but my perspective of this past month with newborn twins has been quite different. I'm assuming that it's due to my recovery period, adjusting to our new lifestyle, and dealing with the exhaustion of feeding/burping/diapering 2 babies day in & day out.

So even with my head in a fog half the time, I've still been aware that it has been a wonderful month full of new experiences, and our hearts have grown with unimaginable love for these boys.

Brayden decided to be full of smiles today :):) They seemed so intentional! It made me absolutely melt. Cooper smiled at daddy in mtg last night, but we're not sure if it was a true smile or if he was filling his diaper again.

B & C would like to wish a happy new year to all!!!
We're all so excited to see these little gentlemen grow throughout 2013 :)



The story of their outfits in the picture below:
When Nate & I found out we were expecting twins, we wanted a clever way to tell people. So our moms came up with this idea of taking a red fabric pen to a white onsie and writing
"If you think I'm CUTE you should see my ... " on the front of it and "TWIN" on the back.
In this picture, Brayden is dressed in the original onsie and I wrote TWIN on another onsie today for Cooper to wear so that the message reads across when you're looking at them side by side!



3 comments:

  1. These little guys are so cute. I like the way Braden is knocking on Cooper's head in one picture and Cooper is knocking on Braden's in the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just adorable and you are sweet to share them with us! I can't imagine how exhausted you must be with caring for and nursing both of them! Glad that Gramma had help out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi...nice to check in on your blog and see some new posts! Glad things are going well...sounds like it's really outstanding, considering it's everything normal x 2! Love the pictures, too! love, Teri and Ed

    ReplyDelete